Our wedding will be taking place Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM on the veranda on the river at South Branch restaurant in Chicago. The ceremony will be followed by an outdoor cocktail hour with passed hors d’oeuvres. Dinner will follow shortly after followed by dancing and celebrations.
Our ceremony and reception will be at South Branch restaurant (100 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois). There is paid public parking nearby and it is within walking distance to several Chicago transportation lines.
For our out of town guests, you may either fly into O’Hare or Midway airport in Chicago, Illinois. From the airport we recommend taking a cab or public transportation to get downtown (30 minutes of travel). Once you are settled into the hotel downtown, you’ll be able to walk or take public transportation to nearby attractions.
We are expecting quite a few out of towners at our wedding so we reserved room blocks at two Chicago loop hotels. The W Chicago and the JW Marriott are offering special rates for the Braun/Marlatt wedding and will be happy to assist you with your booking. These two hotels are across the street from one another and are within walking distance to Chicago’s finest attractions. We (Dan and Suzanne) will be staying at the JW Marriott.
The following hotels are also nearby if you’d like to be at another location:
Our wedding in Chicago is blocks away from towering skyscrapers and urban parks. We hope you’ll spend the weekend playing in Chicago with us.
- Chicago has award winning theater and entertainment downtown. Buy tickets to The Jungle Book at the Goodman Theatre, The Cat in the Hat or The Book of Mormon at Broadway in Chicago or take in a comedy show at The Second City.
- Lucky for you, the world greatest baseball team…The Cubs are playing The Phillies all weekend. Snag some tickets to see baseball history.
- Shop at some of Chicago’s best stores on The Magnificent Mile or pop over to the Bucktown area to take in some local boutiques.
- Just a short walk from your hotel is Millennium Park which will be hosting the free Chicago Jazz Festival.
- Enjoy Chicago from 1,353 feet up (103 floors) on the Skydeck at Willis Tower.
- Chicago has more than 40 museums and many are just a few minutes away from your hotel. Visit one of the largest science museums (Museum of Science and Industry), the home of the world’s largest T-Rex (The Field Museum), meet underwater creatures (Shedd Aquarium), enjoy the stars (Adler Planetarium), or take in some of the finest art (Art Institute and Museum of Contemporary Art).
- One of the best ways to soak in the city is by boat or by bus tour. Take a ride to enjoy skyscrapers and learn all about the history of the city.
- The city offers free guided tours by local greeters. You can book at chicagogreeter.com.
- Discounts and printable coupons are available at Choose Chicago.